and finally to this....
At this point, I still had to finish putting that eye on the left side in and get the cheek to match the other one, among a few other things. One day I woke up, looked at it, and decided it was just not realistic enough and destroyed the whole thing. What a waste of many long days of work that was!! Now I look back at some of these pictures and wish I had kept features from all of them. :)
I am finally making good progress with this head though, and am hoping that in the end I will like it enough to have it reproduced into a kit doll. I will keep you posted as I finish up this head. I hope to finish it this week, but if I change my mind again on the face then it definitely won't be this week! :)