12.13.2010

Wow!

I cannot believe it's been 7 months since my last post here!  Wow!  I guess one of my New Year's resolutions for my business will be to make a conscious effort not to forget about my blog!  :)

The world of the internet surely can take you away.  I signed up for a Facebook Fan Page and between updating that, answering emails that I get through three different addresses and my facebook mail, updating webpages, keeping up with orders for kits... you can see how time escapes me.

Ontop of all of this, I have been renovating my first home for the last 7 months.  Things with that are finally starting to come to a close... just in time to host some Christmas dinners.  I'm looking forward to enjoying time in a house without wearing construction boots!

What has been happening with Art Dolls by Natalie Scholl these last months?  I introduced my second kit, "Ryan", a limited edition of 1000 kits.  Pre-orders began on July 19th and within 50 hours, I had completely sold out and my dealers sold out shortly thereafter.  I was definitely not prepared for this kind of response!  This production took far longer than I had ever hoped for or imagined.  The kits only arriving to me this past week.  I, (along with my mom), have been busy inspecting each and every piece before sorting, packing and shipping.  I have decided that having this many kits come in at this time of the year is extremely stressful.... and if I can avoid it in the future, I will do so!!  I have so many things to do!!  I'm just focusing on the day when the kits are all shipped out and I can relax.

I have also been working on a custom order and have begun sculpting a head for my next kit.  With things the way they are at the moment, both of these projects are moving very slowly.  I hope things will be able to pick up again in the new year.

For now, I'll leave you with pictures of little Ryan...





We also have a new little one in the family.  Please meet baby Charlotte...



I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka, Happy Kwanzaa... or whatever you may celebrate!

6 comments:

Janene Engle said...

It's awesome to see you blogging again Natalie! I knew eventually you'd be back. I can't imagine how busy you've been this last year; I hope you can get some relaxing time in this holiday season. Congratulations on your new niece, she's beautiful!
I completely adore my Jayden reborn by Bushel and a Peck. (she was only able to do mine so he's extra special)
I realize that all of this can be so exhausting most of the time, I admire your abilities and hope you are able to take some time for yourself here and there. Thank you SO much for Jayden, he means more to me than you will ever know.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Janene Stewart

Anonymous said...

Hello

Elle magnifique la petite Charlotte! Félicitation
Tous pleins de bonheur avec ce petit trésor!

Amitié Céline

Anonymous said...

When do u think the Charoltte the doll kit will be complete. Charoltte is so cute i know for sure the doll kit will be adoreble.

Natalie Scholl said...

Thank you everyone!

Janene, I am glad you are so happy with your Jayden. I can't wait to get my next kits ready!!

Charlotte is not a doll kit... these are pictures of a real baby. :)

Take care,
Natalie

visio2010sale said...

Visio2010 easily restore Microsoft visio 2010 download performance could very well be restored anytime period of time you set the results, work with this work you can actually change the anchor text knowledge within the graph.Co-operation, rather simple, data-driven photos, and network system write about Visio 2010 download into the Visio2010 become by far the most beneficial way for you to check out as well as are aware of the you information.Visio2010 goes for This, small business course of action treatment, pre-drawn sizes and shapes, small sample design plus website Visio 2010 templates it's easy to start pulling. Microsoft visio 2010

Bui Thu said...

Are they pictures of your baby. Hey! he's so cute :D