9.18.2008

Miracle Baby

Tonight I finally finished the head I've been working on for the last while. I worked so hard on it and changed it around so much, that I think I compressed the foil armature smaller than it originally was because this baby will be the size of a 2-3 lb preemie I think. Definitely not 40 weeks. So while I worked on it, I researched for hours on end, preemies of around this size. Their features are so difficult to replicate! I think this baby is maybe a bit of a mix of preemie and newborn features. I found a little guy online that I modelled it by, and he didn't have the regular micro-preemie characteristics... what a beautiful little boy he was. I only wish I could sculpt this one as beautiful as he was at that size. Anyways, I titled this post "Miracle Baby" because it kind of seemed fitting. Preemies of this size really are miracles. For this sculpt, it's a miracle it even is here! I changed the face completely more times than I can even remember and at one point I was ready to give up. But, here it is... all snuggled up in a blanket on my desk patiently waiting for some arms and legs.

:)

No comments: