Bad News

After countless hours spent on this preemie baby, I have sad news to report. I found a couple of moonies in one leg, so decided I needed to resculpt that.... which was disheartening enough. To add to that now, I found that I sculpted in the corner of the eye and let the clay get too thin there, and there are some hairline cracks there. So now I am left with sculpting another head and a leg. I was very upset to find these after all the time invested in this baby, but, time to move on.

The first of my resins are due to arrive here soon, so I had toyed with the idea of giving up on this preemie for a little while and go back to a smaller, more familiar size with the little time I have left before I get inundated with the resin work. The preemie however, calls out to be finished... so I am going to be working hard in the next number of days trying to replace what I have lost. Hopefully I can do just as good a job on this next head, or even better would always be acceptable too! :)

No comments: