In continuation with the post that I just made, my second series of unfortunate events was in relation to the mini baby I have been working on. When I realized I was getting nowhere with my large head, (and fast), I decided to get back to work on my mini. I worked two days on a set of arms that I thought were some of my best yet. I put them in to bake and set a timer for fifteen minutes and when the timer went off, and I went to take them out, I was stunned at what I saw. Black tips of fingers, dark brown skin in other areas... blackened elbows... it was awful!! All my hard work gone! I could not figure out why they had burned like this. I have never burnt any of my sculpting before. It has happened to so many of my fellow artists, so I knew it was bound to happen to me one day... but why that day!? :)
I finally realized that I had set the oven to 375 instead of 275. I have been baking a lot of bread and cookies in the last few months, so I think being away from my sculpting while doing my resins... and only baking items that were always set to 375, I just automatically set it to that without thinking. Needless to say, I won't do that again!!
After a few days work, tonight I finally finished arms and legs for this little guy and I just pulled them out of the oven a little while ago. I am anxious to paint him and put him together. I made very newborn looking limbs for this one... working from pictures of my nephew to go with the head I made from his pictures. The feet and hands are more wrinkly than my usual... quite cute! I hope he turns out like I have him in my mind.
Anyways, I thought I would share a picture of my poor boy with his "unfortunate" limbs. :(