5.20.2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

It is just after five in the morning and the sun is already rising. I still have not gotten used to the sun coming up so early and staying up so late in the day. It was only yesterday that I realized it is now light until about 9 at night here. I love having so many hours of sunlight. It is a shame though, when you still haven't gone to bed and the sun is already on the way up! :)

My series of unfortunate events began with working on a large head for hours on end to the point that my fingers and hands were actually cramping... to come out with a face like this...


Only to decide I didn't like it, and change it to this...
Only to yet again, decide I did not like it and change it to this...


Then I tweaked it a bit more to this...

and finally to this....


At this point, I still had to finish putting that eye on the left side in and get the cheek to match the other one, among a few other things. One day I woke up, looked at it, and decided it was just not realistic enough and destroyed the whole thing. What a waste of many long days of work that was!! Now I look back at some of these pictures and wish I had kept features from all of them. :)

2 comments:

OOAK babies by Mina said...

I learned my lesson..it always looks different the next day. I realise when I am getting into that destructive pattern, put bubby down, do something else relaxing and come back to it the next day. Works every time.
Still love the look of your other baby faces

Natalie Scholl said...

Mina, thank you for your comments. These pictures were over the course of several days... and I still destroyed it! Usually I come back the next day and "know" what it needs, etc. But this one, I came back the next day, and disliked what I liked the night before. It was trouble from the start!! :)