4.23.2008

The Last Stages

Another long night tonight finishing up this head. I softened some of the features, corrected some of the unequal spots in the head and matched the ear sizes. Then I spent quite some time placing the hair on the head. I used very fine, soft mohair and made it sparse. The hair was placed bit by bit to create the appearance of a growth pattern on the head which is particularly important when there is not so much hair on the head as it is more noticeable. Here the head is before it was baked.


And the end product....


Now on to the arms and legs... this poor little baby needs some limbs! :)

2 comments:

BabesbyBarb said...

Oh I love that photo of her sleeping, so realistic
barb

Dee S. said...

She is just beautiful Nat!